What Size RV Sewer Hose Do I Need?

What Size RV Sewer Hose Do I Need?

I am often asked, “what size RV sewer hose do I need?”. It’s important to know the size of your camper or RV as well as the connectors that will be used on the ends of your hose to ensure you have enough available length for your connection setup.

RV sewers range in diameter from 3/8″ all the way up to 6″. Of course, the larger the diameter, the more waste flow capacity you’ll have. However, if you don’t need the extra size and your budget is tight, a smaller diameter will do just fine.

Read More: Top 9 Best RV Sewer Hose & Support Systems

I recommend that your sewer hose be at least one size larger than your camper or RV’s sewer outlet. This is so that you can use a Ball-Check Valve to help prevent unwanted sewer back-up into your camper or RV during very cold weather.

I also recommend that you have a pressure gauge on your sewer hose. That way, you’ll be able to tell if it’s more than 90-degrees Fahrenheit. If it is, you can reduce the flow to an acceptable level quickly.

And, if you do find yourself needing to use a smaller diameter sewer hose for any reason, you can always buy an RV adapter to change out the hose.

See More: What Is The Best RV Sewer Hose?



source https://automotivegearz.com/what-size-rv-sewer-hose-do-i-need/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I Know If My Brake Pads Are Worn Out

How to Change Front Brakes on Dodge Ram 2500

How A Windshield Is Made